CALL US NOW
If you are experiencing
any UFO - ET activity
in or around San Antonio
Call us now! while it is fresh in your mind and we can get as many details as possible. We will help expedite your local San Antonio Mufon into the investigation process. If you would rather email us the information there are some steps you should follow. Mufon San Antonio recognizes that in order to be an active group it must not only have a presence in the community, but provide a “service” to that community.
To that end, Mufon San Antonio is making every effort to be a Resource for San Antonio. This group understands the stigma and confusion that often results from an unknown sighting, not to mention the lack of awareness on the best practice procedure of effectively reporting observations. Mufon San Antonio is here to help navigate these challenges for their community.
All reports made to your local Mufon Community will be shared with our Parent Organization (MUFON.COM)
Ten Things You Should Do if You Encounter a UFO
(C) Copyright 1994 by Michael Curta. All Rights Reserved.
Every year over 70,000 reports of UFO sightings come into UFO Research Organizations around the world. While it is true that 9 out of 10 sightings are explainable, it is also true that only 1 in 10 is ever reported and each year the number of reports increase. Is this because there are more sightings? Is it because more people are willing to come forward and report their sightings to researchers? Or could it simply be that in the past witnesses did not know where to report sightings. What ever the case may be and you could make a case for all 3, the fact still remains that the number a reports are going up at an incredible rate.
There are far more reports then Investigators and that is where the witnesses must help the investigator. Think of the sighting like a crime! Though the only crime being committed is the one our Government commits by its unwillingness to openly investigate such sightings. I say think of it as a crime because you never know what is going to happen and you need to remember exact details of the event for recall at a later time. The Information that follows is designed to help you to help investigators.
1. The number one thing to remember is REMAIN CALM! But protect yourself from any hazards real or perceived. Be prepared to take evasive (but not aggressive) action to get out of its way. Remember you might be witnessing the event of a life time and will want to remember every detail and you can't do that if you are hysterical.
2. Be objective. Not every UFO is extraterrestrial, eliminate every other possibility (within your means) first. Only after that should you consider the possibility that what you saw might be a true UFO.
3. Use a cam corder or camera to record the event. Try to keep reference points in the field of view, as this will aid researchers in analyzing the film. If you do not have a camera or cam corder then draw pictures of what you saw and the area around it.
4. If you have a tape recorder, record your description of the event as it happens. Include reference points on this tape also. i.e. "I am about 10 yards for the big oak tree and the craft is 30 yards beyond that". If you don't have a tape recorder write down your observations right after the event.
5. If other witnesses are present ask them to also write or record their observations but do NOT discuss the event with them (at least until after your observations have been recorded) as investigators want to know what you saw not what your neighbor saw.
6. If the UFO left some trace of its presence behind do not disturb the area around it and restrict access to the site (its not a crime any more, its now a crime scene). Photograph the area around the site before you enter the area and make note of the exact position of every thing! Take close up photos or video tape of the evidence before touching it. Remember you don't know what your touching, where it came from or what type of hazards might be associated with it!
7. If the sighting is from a distance, at an arms length, what would it take to cover up the object? A Quarter? A Penny? A Dime? an Aspirin? Or would it take something bigger? A Golf ball? A baseball? or a Tennis ball?
8. Try to judge the distance from you to the object, the objects altitude, and its speed. Was it across the street or was it over the next field? Was it tree top level or was it a few hundred feet up? Did it cross the sky in 5 seconds or 5 minuets?
9. Should you encounter some type extraterrestrial being associated with the craft be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself. From a safe distance, in a concealed position photograph or video tape the being. If you are unable to safely get photos of the being, draw and write down a description as soon as it is safe to do so.
10. Immediately report the event to a UFO research organization for investigation, there are several such organizations around the world. The Mutual UFO Network [MUFON] is the largest and most noted of these organizations, with investigators in all 50 states and around the world. Report a UFO to MUFON now.